Accidentally deleted issues in structure

AJ May 11, 2018

I created a well nested hierarchy in structure with about 200 issues.   I accidentally deleted about 100 issues.  I see that the issues still exist in Jira.  What is the easiest way to get the issues added back to the structure with the hierarchy I had?  

2 answers

0 votes
pavan_cheruvu October 27, 2023

Thanks for posting the solution for recovering deleted parts of a structure. I could get back about 12 hours of work :-)  

0 votes
Mario O.G
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 25, 2018

Hi AJ, 

It appears that we also did not receive a notification for this question. Our apologies.

To recover the deleted issues, you can either use the History view feature to search for the deleted issues, and then copy and paste them back to your structure, or you can use the Double-Grid layout option to search for your issues via JQL.

Let me know if it helps.

Cheers, 

Mario O.G

[ALM Works]

Lee Cash January 22, 2020

Hi, 

I have a similar problem; I didn't realise my focus was on the structure and accidentally deleted a few Jiras from my structure. I checked history and deletes don't appear. I altered my automation and then changed it back as an attempt to recapture everything by the definition of the JQL that powers the structure. Everything *looks* good but obviously it's pretty hard to tell. 

How confident should I be that my structure is back to the way it was before the accidental deletes? 

Thanks in advance, 

Lee 

Martin Hemmer January 31, 2022

What Structure does when you "Remove" an issue,

is clearing the fileds which made them show up in the hierarchy.

For example if I load Epics and then Extend the Children

A "Remove" will remove will clear the parent field from the issue.

This is quite unituitive. There should be an option to just delete it completely.

Yulia Barbash _ALM Works_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 15, 2022

Hello @Martin Hemmer 

Yulia from ALM Works here!

Welcome to the community and thank you for your feedback!

We are always happy to hear customer feedback and ideas.  Feel free to contact our support team directly (add support info) and Submit Enhancement ideas here Suggest an idea.

Best regards
Yulia Barbash
www.almworks.com

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events