Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Accessing fixVersion.ReleaseDate of an issue in Structure

Is there a way in Structure to show (as a separate column for example) the Release Date of a fix version an issue is assigned to?

thanks!

2 answers

1 vote

Hello @Kristina Volokhovska  & @Ian Porter 

With the release of Structure 7.3, it is now possible to add the fixversion release date to a structure via formula column.

• Add a new formula column 
  • use fixversion.releasedate as your formula
  • under options, choose Date/Time as the format

Please let me know if it helps!  I look forward to your feedback!

Best Regards,
David Niro
www.almworks.com

p.s.  very nice workaround @Ian Porter!

Thanks David, this isn't mentioned in the release notes, anything else worth noting that's not highlighted?

Like Dave Rosenlund _Tempo_ likes this

Hello @Ian Porter ,

You are very welcome!  I just re-read the release notes and you are correct.  We did not call specific attention to this.

For context, it was possible to reference the fixversion date via the Formula Enhancements released in Structure 7.0. However, the date appeared off due to a formatting bug, now fixed in 7.3.

The release notes for 7.0 do highlight some of the things that are now possible with Formulas, but to your point, may not highlight all of the things worth noting. We recently held two Bootcamp sessions covering the formula improvements in more detail; Session I & Session II. Check them out when you have a chance and let us know what you think!

Best,
David Niro
www.almworks.com

Like # people like this

those boot camps are amazing, have watched multiple times and scrubbed to the bit i want...very helpful!

Thanks for the help!

Like David Niro _ALM Works_ likes this
0 votes

Hello Kristina,

David from ALM Works here.

The fix version release date is actually an attribute of the fix version field.  In other words, it is not a Jira field in its own right.  To add it as a column, it first needs to be added as a field.

One way to solve this, on a Server or DC instance of Jira, is to use Scriptrunner & Structure together. 

With ScriptRunner, you can create a scripted field that retrieves the desired attribute(s).  That field can then be displayed as a column in your structure.

Below is a script example that could get you started.

enableCache = {-> false}
def version = issue.getFixVersions()
version.first().getReleaseDate().format("dd/MMM/yyy")

Let me know if it helps!

Hey David, 

How come in structure if I group by release i can add a formula that pulls back Version Start Date which is the FixVersion Start Date but it will only apply itself to the grouping line and not each feature underneath?

i thought the Fixversion.startdate would work but its not

Hello @Ian Porter ,

It is not fully supported at the moment, but we are working on it and plan to have an update very soon.

I will be sure to follow-up!

Best Regards,
David Niro
www.almworks.com

Like Dave Rosenlund _Tempo_ likes this

@David Niro _ALM Works_ 

I have managed a work around at this point which i am not sure about but is working.

i have used parent{start} and applied the start to equal Version Start Date in a sperate column, the same for parent{live}

Now due to my structure grouping by Fix Version this seems to work :) 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Apps & Integrations

Marketplace Partner Spotlight: AppLiger

This month the spotlight is on AppLiger. We caught up with Pavel Pavlovsky, CEO and Product Manager, to learn how the company started and what fuels the team's creativity.    Atlassian:...

336 views 0 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you