Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Accessing fixVersion.ReleaseDate of an issue in Structure

Is there a way in Structure to show (as a separate column for example) the Release Date of a fix version an issue is assigned to?

thanks!

1 answer

Hello Kristina,

David from ALM Works here.

The fix version release date is actually an attribute of the fix version field.  In other words, it is not a Jira field in its own right.  To add it as a column, it first needs to be added as a field.

One way to solve this, on a Server or DC instance of Jira, is to use Scriptrunner & Structure together. 

With ScriptRunner, you can create a scripted field that retrieves the desired attribute(s).  That field can then be displayed as a column in your structure.

Below is a script example that could get you started.

enableCache = {-> false}
def version = issue.getFixVersions()
version.first().getReleaseDate().format("dd/MMM/yyy")

Let me know if it helps!

Hey David, 

How come in structure if I group by release i can add a formula that pulls back Version Start Date which is the FixVersion Start Date but it will only apply itself to the grouping line and not each feature underneath?

i thought the Fixversion.startdate would work but its not

Hello @Ian Porter ,

It is not fully supported at the moment, but we are working on it and plan to have an update very soon.

I will be sure to follow-up!

Best Regards,
David Niro
www.almworks.com

@David Niro_ALM Works 

I have managed a work around at this point which i am not sure about but is working.

i have used parent{start} and applied the start to equal Version Start Date in a sperate column, the same for parent{live}

Now due to my structure grouping by Fix Version this seems to work :) 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Apps & Integrations

🍻🍂Apptoberfest Update: Upcoming Virtual Events 🎉

Hello Community! I hope you've been enjoying the 🍂Apptoberfestivities🍂 (I know I have!) The event is heating up next week with a series of virtual events that we're calling the 🍻🍂Partner App ...

97 views 1 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you