Calling for Topics!

Karen_Mustain September 9, 2020

Hi All,

We are planning the remaining meetings (October, November and December) for 2020.

Dates will be announced soon.

For the October Meeting, we wanted to do a Lightning Talk round.  Please comment with a topic or question you want to discuss.  We will spend 5 to 10 minutes discussing each topic.  This requires group participation, so be prepared to be on camera (even if you are still in your PJs).

For the November meetings, we still need a topic. A couple topics that were mentioned in the past were:

• Jira Workflows
  • Deploying and Adopting Jira Outside of Software IT Teams

Does anyone have a use case that would like to share on either of these topics?

For the December meeting, we were thinking of a virtual happy hour. 

Please comment below with your topics for the October meeting, use case for November meeting and/or vote for a virtual happy hour in December.

Thanks Karen

4 comments

Comment

Italo Bett September 9, 2020

Hi Karen! I know Atlassian offers different certification paths -- has anyone in the community taken an exam before? Curious about ACP-600 in particular. If you have any info to share as Lightning Talk it would be a good topic! Thanks. 

Like Karen_Mustain likes this
Matthew Stublefield
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2020

I could likely join the October meeting. Driving from Springfield to KC for a lunch meeting has always been impossible for me, but Zoom I can do :-)

I helped create many of the Atlassian certification exams (Jira Admin, Confluence Admin, Jira Service Desk, Jira Software, Sysadmin, a couple of the badges...), and I have taken the ACP-600 exam too. Happy to talk about them real briefly and answer any questions people have.

As the Head of Education for Adaptavist, we have also launched a Jira plugin that provides access to all of our training materials (eLearning), which can help people prepare for the cert exams.

Let me know what you think, Karen!

Like Italo Bett likes this
Karen_Mustain September 10, 2020

@Matthew Stublefield  That would be great!  I would love for you to join and share information about the Atlassian Certifications. 

Like Matthew Stublefield likes this
Brian Spence
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 14, 2020

I would be very much interested in understanding how other groups are utilizing JIRA, or the information in JIRA, for Enterprise level resource / capacity management.  Story points are great for individual agile teams, but don't roll up across teams nicely, and aren't great for communicating with executive decision makers - they want to hear FTEs / butts in seats capacity.

Additionally, reporting tools that can generate charts to be put on dashboards.  Right now I use, and like, Arsenale's Dataplane, however, they do not have a cloud version and we're heading in that direction.  I need to start evaluating alternatives.  If someone is using Power BI I would especially be interested in hearing more about how easy it is (for users, not admins) to build custom reports.

I am also interested in hearing about the certifications referenced in a separate comment.

Daniel Davkovski September 15, 2020

Hi Karen, 

First, thanks for inviting me to this group! 

You can count on me for the November round. I can talk about both of the provided topics. 

The company that I work with is in the lead gen industry, and majority of the departments and people are non-software development (not to mention that 90% of them met Jira for a first time). 

Long story short: it's been few months since we implemented Jira and the benefits that we see are huge. 

Let me know if additional info is needed - happy to provide :D 

David Puchosic October 12, 2020

For our Lightning Talks, I would like to hear if anyone is integrating the following Microsoft O365 technologies with Server or Cloud products.

• Common Data Services (Power Apps)
  • SharePoint Online Search

Thanks!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events