Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jobs & Careers Month discussion: What’s on your career bucket list?

Viewing page 2 of 2

28 comments

Comment

Trine Larsen April 1, 2024

Hm.. Career goals you say? 

I've never been a very goal-minded person - at least when it comes to some of the very concrete goals I see others aiming for ;-)

Growing up, I never knew what to do with my life which was opposite to my younger brother who was born with cords in his hand (he's an electrician now). He never doubted that was his path whereas I felt like most things could be the way to go. 

Cut to the grown-up me who has worked in hospitality, IT and now working with data and project management. 

My overall goal is to always have fun. If the fun stops, I stop. 

But as I get older I have realized two things that I work to achieve:

Getting rid of those daily operational routine tasks that kill my joy. I don't mind doing certain things at certain times but I bring much more value if I can fly around pick up the tasks I find and solve problems that occur, for the greater good of my colleagues and the organization. This I have in my current role, which is so great I hope to retain it forever (or as long as I want to) :-) 

Being put into play in projects, organizational changes, and process optimizations where I can use my talents to bridge changes and people. This is something I realized in the past year, that I am truly awesome at :-) 

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
Gaurav Sakariya
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 12, 2024

Just Started Career 1.3 Years back as Software Engineer.
But still Lot to do in my future 

• Became Best Developer (Need to learn Code Best Practices)
  • Multiple Income source
  • Get promoted because of my skills not in Yearly cycle

and Final and Ultimate Dream and Spot is I think its Income Oriented like Beast Income for giving Best life to Family and Myself.

Theresa McFarlane May 7, 2024

I would love to become a certified scrum trainer. I just need the money and the time off at the same time to complete that path. I have completed training, just have not been certified to do so. 

I am currently laid off and have time to certify, however not the money. It is always the way.

My immedaite career goal is to get hired as a Sr. IT PM/Agile processional. I was a PMO/Agile PMO Practice Director and Delivery Manager for a global IT solutions firm until I was laid off in Oct. I am getting calls, however having a very hard time landing a role due to budget cuts/restructuring. Every time I get to the end of a process. The position goes away. I am an Atlassian Admin as well. I would love to gain more Atlassian Certifications. 

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events