specific uses are not receiving email notifications

Daniel Rios January 17, 2020

Hi,

Same problem here in our site with two specific users but with two specific issues (SDA-152 and 153).

Could you help us about these issue. Any possible cause we could manage from here?

NOTE: For this project there are no constraints for notifications in the permissión scheme.

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Daniel Rios January 20, 2020

Follow up for this matter:

We discover that some "security level" setted for a project, avoid to users in some groups to watch these project's issues, so they weren't able to be setted as watchers nor getting notifications when they're tagged in the comments.

Thanks for the support and the knowledge base on this community, all the advices were very useful.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 21, 2020

Thank you for sharing, Daniel. I'm happy that it works as expected now.

Have a good day!

Like Daniel Rios likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 20, 2020

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

When the notifications are not working for specific issues in a project, it's necessary to check if they are watching the issue.

I see that your email is linked to a site that has only Jira Software, so if it's a software project, for the user to receive the notification, they need to watch the ticket.

Please, check on the affected tickets if they are watching and let us know if it works.

Regards,
Angélica

Hello Angélica

More important for us is the users to receive notifications when they are tagged in a comment with "@", in our experience in this case is not needed to be watching the issue.

This issue is new for us, since we are using jira software we have'nt had this issue with tagged users and now is only for specific issues and specific users.

Any advice? Could it be something about our bounces, like in similar reports I've seen?

Thanks in advance and regards!

Daniel.

Like # people like this

Hi Angélica

About your recommendation I tried to set the users don´t get notifications as watchers and I receive an error message: "check your connection and try again".

Could you recommend something to check what could be blocking specific users to be setted as watchers and don't get notifications when they're tagged?

Thanks!

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer