nfeed prevent query when viewing issue?

Bruce Schlueter January 16, 2017

Hi all,

we would like to prevent running the query on nFeed field if we only view an issue. Right now we are using Service Desk and read data via REST to have more info on customers etc in the issue. Unfortunately this is not really fast which then leads to slowing down the system when we just want to view an issue or display lists. I played around with "Display View" in nFeed configuration but it does not seem to make any difference. Either no value will be displayed or it takes just as long. So I guess I am configuring incorrect.

Is there any possibilty to display the stored value? I somehow do not know how to use $currentCustomfieldValue to display the values. If I change the query (URL because REST) nothing will be displayed. Any idea on this?

Regards, Bruce

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nicolas Simon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2017

Hello Bruce,

Depending on your configuration, there might be a solution to reduce the loading time. You will not be able to prevent a query to be run, otherwise nFeed will not display anything.

I would suggest to reach the Valiantys Support team through their Support platform -> https://valiantys.atlassian.net

0 votes
Andy Ukasick January 22, 2019

We also have this problem. Big performance hit when simply trying to view a Jira issue.  Did you ever find a resolution?

Bruce Schlueter January 30, 2019

We set the cache time higher but it still takes time the first time an issue is opened.

Suggest an answer