jquery autocomplete

Dear all,

I'm using JIRA software (and core) version 7.2.7

I start to type project = TEST AND issuetype = f and I was expecting that the "New Feature" option will remain on the autocomplete suggestion but it didn't. Is this due to the jquery 1.7 used in JIRA ? And if so? Is there a way to update/upgrade the jquery version ?

I'm not a coder myself, but I guess this reference is as close as it gets.

http://jqueryui.com/autocomplete/

Any thoughts on this ?

regards,

Wim

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Wim,

The jql autocomplete has nothing in common with the jquery ui autocomplete and there is no way to change its behaviour. Also there is no way to update the jquery version.

Regards,
Peter 

Hi Peter,

Thank you for the clarification.

We were pretty sure we saw this behaviour in our previous 7.2.4 version.

The link does provide what we are looking for. I'm guessing it's waiting for a 'new' implementation in Jira...

regards,

Wim

@Peter Geshev [Botron],

I would like to come back at this again if I may ...

If I go into Issues -> Search for issues the autocomplete behavior is not what I was expecting.

search autocomplete only first char.png

but if I want to add a field in the screen config, I do see the autocomplete behavior functioning as I was expecting.

search autocomplete all char.png

I'm trying to understand what the difference is and ideally have the same autocomplete behavior in the "Search for issues".

Regards,

Wim Kerstens

+32 497 595 772

The JQL autocomplete is much more complex and does not use the jquery ui autocomplete at all - there is a separate parser which evaluates the jql (and the suggestions) as you type. The other one you have listed works similarly to the jquery ui

Hi Peter,

Thank you for the answer (and I'm sorry for the late reply)

I will take this up with my client and in the meantime Atlassian created a feature request for this.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-63977

please vote for it smile

regards,

Wim

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Aug 06, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

A is for Activate: Share your top Jira Service Desk onboarding tips for new users!

Hi, everyone! Molly here from the Jira Service Desk Product Marketing Team :).  In the spirit of this month's  august-challenge, we're sourcing stories of Jira Service Desk activation fro...

528 views 23 15
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you