can't edit the title of a ticket

Joanne Ainscough February 13, 2014
For some reason we can't edit the title of a ticket in JIRA or when creating a ticket in JIRA directly add it's title - the title is there if it's come from a ticket submitted by email. The only thing that has changed recently is that yesterday I added a new workflow to add a custom status of 'On Hold' and migrated all the projects to it apart from Unassigned cases. This is causing a bit of an issue now and I could really do with some help to get it resolved - thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2014

You need to look at your relationship between groups/roles and permissions for your workflow. I would look at if view only or edit issues permissions and see where they are specified.

For example, if you have a group called jira-users if it does not have edit issues then you cannot edit issues. Since you moved everything over to on hold, I would start with there.

Suggest an answer