better way to load custom field options

nat July 5, 2024

hi everyone

i have a custom field - single select ----- which has already 7.5 k entries and counting ... everytime a new entry is needed .... it takes a long time to load especially when doing the Sort ------- i'm worried it's going to bring down the system one day ........ is there a better way to maintain such a huge list - natively without going to outside vendors?

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 6, 2024

Hi Nat,

Is there a way to group the data some how? Or even implement a Cascading pick list? 

nat July 8, 2024

nope- it's just a single alphabetically sorted list of names in a huge drop down list ..... now and then, users submit requests to add entries

Like John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 8, 2024

You can't group these by Region? Or Country? Or State? 

0 votes
Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 5, 2024

Hi @nat ~ can I ask what kind of data this is?  It might help the Community suggest an alternative option (i.e. custom contexts to limit the selections)?

nat July 8, 2024

thanks ...... see above, please .....it's simply a list of company names ......

Like John Funk likes this
nat July 8, 2024

no - needs to be one single drop down list

Suggest an answer