Within a project workflow, can we see each transition, and which fields are associated with that transition?

Hi,

One of our directors said he'd seen a particular workflow view in an earlier incarnation of our JIRA instance: in this project workflow view, he could see each state, and which particular fields were associated with (ie, mandatory for) each state. I don't know how to call up such a view: is it possible?

2 answers

What do you mean "particular fields were associated with (ie, mandatory for) each state" ? Is it a condition or validation point in transition to this state ? If yes I don't think it is possible to see all of them in one view without going to each separate state in workflow configuration.

I think the director's memory was that for each status or transition, there would be a simultaneous list of all required fields (in validators and conditions) for those transitions to occur. I haven't seen such a view, but wanted to ask if there was such a feature I'd overlooked.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

655 views 6 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you