Why is bulk closing of already resolved issues affecting the Create vs Resolved chart?

Christian Schlaefcke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2016

Hi,

I have a project with a Kanban Board. The issues on the board can be resolved but not closed. The closing of issues happens after the project lead released the resolved issues from the board. The closing of the issues will be performed by filtering the resolved issues with the specific version and bulk transition them from resolved to closed.

Now we encounter a reporting issue when we use the Create vs. Resolved chart on our dashboard. I would expect that already resolved issues should not affect the chart when closing them. The expected result would then look something similar to this:

creates_vs_resolved_02.PNG

But after performing the bulk change the chart now looks like this:

creates_vs_resolved_01.PNG

And I have no idea why. When checking some single bulk changed issues I see that the resolution value actually changed from To be verified to Done and the resolutuion date also changed to the 12.10.2016

creates_vs_resolved_03.PNG

I understand that the issues changed significantly by the bulk change but I would not expect that this would affect the chart. Can someone help me to clarify why the chart was however affected?

Thank you & Regards,

Christian

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Christian Schlaefcke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2016

Hi,

I think I can resolve this issue on my own now smile

The bulk change reset the resolution date to the current date. The former resolution dates do not affect the chart anymore and therefor the red gap becomes bigger in the past. Due to the bulk change and the resolution date reset the graph now massively swings back into the green area.

And in total anything remains the same - I guess smile

In order to prevent this in the future I will remove the automatic reset of the resolution on the close transition of the workflow.

Regards,

Christian

Suggest an answer