User AND Group picker field

Hi - Maybe I'm going about my search wrong, if so, feel free to point me in the right direction :)

Is there a field - either built in or as part of an add-on - that would allow me to multi-pick BOTH users AND groups?  

I'm trying to do some logic such that if an item (change request in our case) is a low priority, low impact change, only one approver is needed, but if its any higher in either of the two - impact or priority - either more than one user needs to approve, or a group, or both, provided there's more than 1 'value'.  While its certainly possible for a group to contain one person, as part of processes and whatnot, it *shouldn't* be the case - we'll cross that bridge if we come to it.

In any case, if the group that needs notifying has 20 people in it, but 2 definitely need to be notified, either those 2 need to get added to a group, or they all need to be added.  We're a smaller org, so 20 people is way beyond what we'd likely encounter, but its a time thing, not just convenience - plus the logic for having 2 fields to do this is a bit complicated and rather than dump a bunch of time into some scripts, I figured I'd try this first (worst case, the answer is no!)  

0 answers

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

Updates to jira.atlassian.com give you visibility into what's coming in Jira Server and Data Center

Hello, Community! My name is Gosia and I'm a Product Manager on Jira Server and Data Center here at Atlassian. Since 2002 when we launched our public issue tracker, jira.atlass...

395 views 1 13
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you