Upgrading Script Runner

Jira PLCP Team December 10, 2015

Hi,

We are using Script runner with our JIRA 6.0 already. We have now planned to upgrade to JIRA 7. We are surprised to see that the Script runner compatible with JIRA 7.0 is not paid. This is really annoying for us that how come a free plugin we were using have become paid.

We are using JIRA 500 users license and the price we see for script runner is $ 1250 for 500 users, which is too costly for us. Do we have some option here other than discontinue to use script runner which we don't want to do?

Regards,

Zeeshan

4 answers

2 votes
Mark McCormack _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2015

Zeeshan,

We understand that there will be people who are disappointed with the move from free to paid, but we hope that our users will see the benefit of our investment in documentation, development and support. We did this so that ScriptRunner can continue to grow and provide the quality, new features, new recipes, support and compatibility that a powerful scripting platform needs.

Our investment in the ScriptRunner family has already produced a good number of these new features in the paid versions and particularly ScriptRunner for JIRA will continue over the coming months and years. 

Feel free to contact us directly if you'd like to discuss this further via our Product Support portal. We'd be happy to talk to you about how to address your specific needs.

0 votes

sorry just saw your comments after i commented.

0 votes

Hi Mark,

I won't mind if you can also reply to the original issue here?

I hope you are the product owner, can you please share you email.

Mine is: zeeshan.malik@u-blox.com

Regards,

Zeeshan

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2015

Yes I am the product owner. I'll email you shortly.

0 votes
Michael Kornatzki
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 10, 2015

Hi Zeeshan,

it's very annoying that the plugin now is only available as a paid plugin.
We only use the new included behaviour-plugin which was before also a free plugin.

The worst is that even we pay for it bugs for JIRA 6 will not be fixed sad

You have to look what kind of function you use. And then you can look if there are other free plugins available.

cheers,

michael

Rising Star
Rising Star
December 10, 2015

Michael, The ScriptRunner team have two development branches that cover JIRA 6.3/6.4 as well as JIRA 7.x. We have gone through 4 rounds of bug fixes for JIRA 6.x and they are all available in ScriptRunner version 4.1.3.1 through to 4.1.3.4. Perhaps you could let us know which bug you are referring to that is not being fixed in the paid version?

Michael Kornatzki
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 10, 2015
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 11, 2015

We want to fix that, and we have made several attempts at fixing that particular issue. The problem is there some technical debt to be repaid in Behaviours, and we've reached the point of diminishing returns until we can find the time to rewrite a chunk. Which will happen in Q1 next year.

Suggest an answer