The name of the user assigned from the database is not correctly seen

Magali Albornoz May 5, 2021

Hi, my name is Magali Albornoz.I work at Besysoft S.A, Argentina.
We are currently having trouble retrieving the issues from the Jira database as some are shown with an id, for example "JIRAUSER123". This Issue is displayed with the user correctly from the jira interface, we don't know why.Assignee Jira.jpg

¿Do you can help me?

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2021

Hi @Magali Albornoz

did I understand it right you are wondering about the presence of JIRAUSERxxxxx accounts as such (where xxxxx is a 5-digited number)?

If so, the underlying cause is related to "GDPR changes in Jira". This document explains clearly why there are now JIRAUSER accounts and how all connects together.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracore/gdpr-changes-in-jira-975041009.html

For the access I agree with Nic, so we are still wondering what you are trying to accomplish, I guess.

Regards,
Daniel

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2021

This can be due to different directories, removed users or historical accounts.

It's going to be almost impossible to work it out from the raw database.  This is one of the many reasons it is not recommended to use the database for any reporting - it's not built for it, and the SQL is horrendous.

What question are you trying to answer with this query?

Suggest an answer