Subscriptions

Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2019

Good Day,

We are facing issue in Subscriptions email as its not received in email. Where as when i checked in JIRA instance the Last sent is showing yesterday's date. But email not received yet.

other emails such as raising issue notification and also i send email through JIRA to my email. they are working good with no issue.

Can any one help on this.

2 answers

0 votes
Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2019

HI @Fahad Siddiqui 

Are you a part of that recipient group of filer subscription?

Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 2, 2019

yes i was receiving daily but from last 3 days its not receiving in my email.

Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 2, 2019

Ahh..okay.

Might be the issue with Filter result then. also, check with your colleague who is the part of that group whether they are getting an email or not for last three days??

Like Fahad Siddiqui likes this
Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 2, 2019

Dear, how to check filter result ? can you please assist

Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 3, 2019

I mean to say...open that filter and check whether it's showing any matched issues or not.

If so then you can edit it and set to the personal recipient and manually send it using run now....and check it will send an email or not

Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 3, 2019

Sir,

how can i send it manually? can you share the setup's? Another thing i checked from my side the action tab under mange filter is empty. As i am not the Subscriber.

Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 3, 2019

If you are not able to see the filter then you need to go to the manage filter and search it with the filter name.

Another thing is ...the only owner of that filter can be able to edit it or change the settings in Filter subscription.

In the Filer subscription page, you will find the Run now link...you need to click on it to send it manually.

Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 3, 2019

Dear,

i am the owner but cant see any option"Run now link". can you  please share screen shot if you have showing the run now link.

Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 3, 2019

Ahh..what is the Jira version you are using?? I checked in v7.13

test.PNG

Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 3, 2019

We are on latest version 8.5.1. As i said before i cannot see the option under Actions

TEST.jpg

Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 10, 2019

@Yogesh Mude 

@DPKJ 

Dears,

Issue got fixed, the Admin who created the Subscriptions email, his ID was disabled as he left our organization, that is the reason email notification was stopped. Then I recreated it from my ID and its working fine.

But still i am confused as from JIRA server side it was showing email sent,

i couldn't find this answer.  

Thanks for your time and support.

DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 10, 2019

@Fahad Siddiqui  Nice that your issue got resolved.

Jira is showing mail as sent because mail might have left Jira Mail Queue, and got stuck in your mail server (where user's mail was disabled).

To further get rid of such complexities, I suggest you create a separate mail for subscriptions etc. (like subscription@<YOUR_ORG_DOMAIN>) this way mail won't stop when people leave organization.

Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 10, 2019

Thanks ... will follow the same

0 votes
Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 2, 2019

@DPKJ 

Can you please help me in this?

DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2019

Have you checked spam box? and also are you getting all other emails from Jira?

Fahad Siddiqui
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 3, 2019

Yes i check my outlook junk box, and yes all other email related to Jira are been received without any delay.

As a work around i send test email and was delivered.

Also i raised a test request and received email notification.

Suggest an answer