Sprints having same Sprint names are getting Closed Automatically

JanaW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2014

We have had sprints getting closed automatically when a sprint that used the same sprint name is completed. Why is this happening and how can we prevent it.

For example 14.4.I3 being used by many boards.

One of the boards that was automatically closed had two sprints overlapping: 14.4.I3 and 14.3.2, but the board closing the 14.4.I3 that caused the others to be closed automatically only had 14.4.I3 active.

Downloaded JIRA 6.2.4 and JIRA Agile 6.3.13.1

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
BenP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2014

Since the issues are actually sharing the same sprint, it makes sense that when this sprint is completed on one board it occurs on, any issues linked to this sprint on other boards will also get processed.

I don't have an answer for the other samesake sprints being completed too.. my guess is probably match happens on sprint name, iso sprintID. Maybe it's better to open a support case for this.

2 active sprints
this is possible via the parallel sprints setting on "labs" (see http://<hostname>:8080/secure/GHLabs.jspa?decorator=admin )

0 votes
JanaW
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 8, 2014

Is it possible to only have sprints created for a particular project to only show in the dropdown when selecting a sprint or when starting a sprint? We have all the Sprints created by all of the other teams in the dropdown. I would like to make it exclusively only those created for that project.

0 votes
JanaW
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 7, 2014

Doing what you asked, I identified the Sprint ID and they share the same ID. The scrum board that we did not complete the sprint, but it got completed automatically, actually also had 2 active sprints at the same time. I didn't think that was even possible. The second active sprint was older and had a different sprint id but it also got completed it appears. Really appreciate your help.

0 votes
Jose M.
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 7, 2014

We had also a problem with Sprints having the same name and in different Boards, but I cannot remember the details. There was a collision, hence my colleague has renamed his sprints to a more expicit name in order to avoid the problem.

0 votes
BenP
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 7, 2014

do these sprints have different sprint IDs or is it actually the same sprint which is shared across projects/boards.. ?
(to see the sprint ID, use right-click & copy link location on sprints in agile section on issue view screen)

Suggest an answer