Set next issue number

dmoroff
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 12, 2020

We have conflicts in issue numbers of two jira instances, one instance is located in our company, the other at the vendor of our software. Unfortunately both jira instances using the same project id (i.e. XYZ-). Both are referenced in our GIT repositories.

Where is an idea to manipulate the next issue id to get XYZ-1001234 instead of XYZ-1234. Is there a way to do this? I assume there is an internal database entry containing the next issue number per project.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Payne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 12, 2020

Here is some guidance on that. I've not tried it, so I cannot personally vouch for it.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-set-the-starting-issue-number-for-a-project-318669643.html

Kevin Paulus July 28, 2020

I tried it:  It worked exactly as advertised.

Like # people like this
Michael Roldan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 21, 2024

The referenced link is very clear detailed.  Thank you

Unfortunately, it did not work for us.  We just imported about 15000 issues into a new project.  The last issue imported was ID-31540. 

Following the instructions, we imported an extra ticket as described with id ID-31541, which was created without problems, but new tickets afterwards didn't follow the sequence and started at ID-105276765.

Reference: Screen Capture of key list:
image.png

Is it something that we have to request from Atlassian Support directly?
Thank you

Suggest an answer