Service desk customers are not getting created using LDAP

Xavier Vacaflores February 29, 2016

I am not sure what is going on. I recently added JIRA Service desk to our JIRA instance and for some reason when users email the service desk their account gets created but it does pick up LDAP credentials. When I look in user management I notice some users are listed under the directory of JIRA internal and the rest are under JIRA LDAP authentication. I am assuming if i want new Service desk customers to use LDAP credentials to log into the Service desk portal they should be listed under JIRA LDAP authentication right? 

4 answers

4 votes
Georges Moubarak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 2, 2016

Please try the following:

1. Create a JIRA group, i.e. JIRA-customers
  2. Create a second LDAP-policy and set the newly created group "JIRA-customers" as default membership for that policy and that particular scope
  3. In the Service desk project, go to administration --> roles and map the JIRA-customers group to the "Service desk customers" role
0 votes
Xavier Vacaflores March 2, 2016

Ok looks like that worked, but now two accounts are being created in Jira. One account is created when a new user emails helpdesk and another is created when they login to the portal using their LDAP credentials. Any idea how to avoid the two account creations?

0 votes
Xavier Vacaflores March 1, 2016

Hello, It looks like the directories are in order. What else could be the problem?

Directory NameTypeOrderOperations
JIRA Delegated Authentication Directory

You cannot edit this directory because you are logged in through it, please log in as a locally authenticating user to edit it.

Generic Directory ServerMove UpMove Down 
JIRA Internal DirectoryInternalMove UpMove Down

DisableEdit

Georges Moubarak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 1, 2016

Hi,

Are users being created in the LDAP?

Xavier Vacaflores March 2, 2016

JIRA users that use up licenses are being created in LDAP.  

0 votes
Georges Moubarak
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 29, 2016

Dear @Xavier Vacaflores,

Your issue is related to the order of the directories. Go to 'g+g' -> user directories and put the LDAP on top of JIRA internal directory. In this way your users will be authenticated against the LDAP first.

Suggest an answer