Select list (cascading) modification

Antoine
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 23, 2016

Hello all, Is it possible to change a field type "Select list (cascading)" so that when the first list, you can only choose one option?

field.PNG

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Antoine
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 23, 2016

I just solve the problem without knowing why, I changed up the field within my screen, and the multi-selection is disabled automatically ...

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2016

I don't think I quite understand the question.  With a cascading select, you select one option in the first list and that  changes the available selection for the second list.  You only choose one option in the second list (which could be none) and all the possible combinations are unique, so you're only ever choosing a single option.  So I'm stuck on how "only choose one option" is different from what it already does?

Antoine
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 23, 2016

On the screenshot there are two fields, one above can make several choices that will influence the choice possible in the field below. 

What I want is to choose only one option in the first field.

Is it clearer?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2016

No.  There is no selection on that first list, you choose one option, and the second box repopulates with the sub-list.  If you want only one option in the first list, change the option list so that there is only one.

Antoine
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 23, 2016

This was apparently done automatically when I changed the place of field within the screen, but thank you for your answer!

Suggest an answer