Query for issues from different projects blocks users

Hi there,

I am trying to change my Kanban board filter to pull in some issues from other projects. My original query was:

project = FR ORDER BY Rank ASC

My query now is:

project = FR OR labels = blue-team ORDER BY Rank ASC

So I'm basically also wanting to pull in any other issue in my organisation that has the label "blue-team" into the board.

When I do this it seems to work well for me (as the administrator) however suddenly no other users are able to see the board.

Does anyone know how I can give people permission?! I have even tried giving all jira-software-users (group that everyone is in) project level administrator access, however this doesn't seem to make a difference.

Alternatively, how can I find a different way to pull tickets in from different projects?

Thanks,

Tom

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Alexey Matveev Community Champion Nov 23, 2017

Hello,

Make sure that the filter which is used for the board is shared with the required users.

You can read more here

https://confluence.atlassian.com/agile/jira-agile-resources/jira-agile-faq/how-to-restrict-the-access-to-jira-agile-scrum-board

Yes! Filter shares, I hadn't spotted that in Board Settings. Thanks!

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

5 ways you can make the most of Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud

As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...

82 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you