Overwrite the auto assignee by user selected value.

I have a transition that auto assign issue to different users based on what selected in two different custom fields. I am using a groovy script to get is done. 

I have this requirement if user select/change an assignee during the transition, the auto assignee should be overwritten by the user selected value.

Can somebody help me?

JIRA v 6.4 

Thanks!

1 answer

0 vote
Rian Spivak Community Champion Jan 21, 2018

In the groovy script that does the auto-assign, you can check to see if the assignee changes during the transition. If the assignee changes, you can use that to "auto-assign" otherwise use those defaults you have the script assign.

There is another post that goes over looking at the difference in the field pre and post transition.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in Jira

Join our webinar: How 1B+ feature flag events helped us build the new Jira

Every time you release software, there's a bit of risk – that there's a bug, that something breaks, or that the feature doesn't resonate with customers. Feature flagging helps make high stakes s...

91 views 0 1
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you