Mismatch of SSL certificate we are getting while integration with SAP

Ravi shankar ojha September 19, 2019

Hi Team ,

Could you please help us to resolve our issue we have imported the the certificate in our client pse but we are getting mismatch server ssl error.

we have imported this certificate CN = *.atlassian.com
O = Atlassian Pty Ltd
L = Sydney
C = AU

but system is asking some different certificate this CN=*.services.atlassian.com, O=Atlassian Pty Ltd, L=Sydney, SP=New South Wales, C=AU could you please help us to find the the certificate .

it will be great help.

Thanks and Regards,

Ravi

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 30, 2019

Hi Ravi,

I understand that you are trying to integrate your Atlassian Cloud site with SAP, but in the process of doing so you appear to be missing a needed SSL certificate.

I found that the domain *.services.atlassian.com does not appear to be getting called when I access my own Jira Cloud instance.  But I did find this certificate was called when I switched over to the Confluence Cloud application, and then visited a space.   In turn I found that you could visit at least one site using this certificate directly at https://wikidocs.services.atlassian.com

Granted, visiting that site directly will just generate a "Not Found" error message, but it will present to your the SSL certificate wildcard cert for the address *.services.atlassian.com. I found that in Chrome I can click the lock icon in the address bar to see this certificate details.  

Alternative to this, you could first open up the devTools in the browser, click on the Security Tab, and then load a space in your Confluence Cloud.  This will present to your a number of SSL secured sites from which you can select the needed certificates. You can then find this certificate and potentially others you might need to be able to access this site.

Screen Shot 2019-09-30 at 11.37.05 AM.png

I hope this helps.

Andy

jetune@kube-cloud.com March 4, 2020

I've the same problem on Jira 8.7 and access to Marketplace. Have you finally resolved this issue?

Suggest an answer