Jira server phone app - Restrict available projects

Arthur S May 20, 2022

Hi,

We are using Jira behind a firewall and until now, only users with company laptop where able to use our Jira on their computers.

We start to open it to be usable on phones. But we were wondering if there is any possibility to restrict the accessible projects ?

To give an example, we have 2 projects A & B. Project A doesn't contain any sensitive data but project B does. John Doe has access to both projects from his laptop. I would like him to be able to access project A from Jira phone app but not project B (without having to create another John doe user). Is there a way ?

Thank you,

Arthur

1 answer

0 votes
Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2022

Hi @Arthur S 

It sounds like you might need to implement a Security Level to project B and restrict this to only particular users via groups or roles or something similar - you can see more on Security Schemes used by a project here.

Either this, or you could review project B's Permission Scheme and change some of the user roles within the People section of the project to ensure that only the correct people have visibility of the project

Arthur S May 20, 2022

Hi @Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_ ,

Thank you for your answer but I think there is a misunderstanding here. I want the user having access to both project from his laptop but only to unsensitive projects from his phone (with the app).

Arthur

Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2022

Hmm in that case I'm not too sure unfortunately. I assume there would need to be some sort of permissions set up on the phone, which may not be possible depending on the model

Like Arthur S likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events