• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Jira compatibility problems

Hi

I am using Jira Service Desk (server edition) with its license expired. 

I know that I am not supposed to update as my license has expired but someone went to update JIRA to v8.11.0. 

Jira Service Desk is not updated. It is now at v4.3.0

I only come to know about the update as side bar for JIRA service desk is not loading. I think it is caused by incompatibility between JIRA and JIRA Service Desk versions.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracore/jira-applications-compatibility-matrix-975041287.html

So now, what should I do?

Downgrade JIRA?
Update JIRA Service DesK?

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Ebers Community Leader Nov 22, 2020

Hi Koh,

whilst I understand this is an unpleasant scenario I just wanted to note that a downgrade of Jira is most likely leading to additional trouble.
Once the database structures are updated (which is likely the case when you upgrade to v8.11) a lower version will have problems.
To which extend is something that cannot be stated but a downgrade is the least option I would undertake.

If you can update JSD/JSM to a more recent version is not something that could be recommend here without further information. In any case you should test first on a non-production environment.
But - basically - yes, from the compatibility guide this is a non-match at the moment.

In case you prefer a roll back (please note the implications as, for example, data loss for all data brought in since upgrade) please refer to the following guidelines:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/rolling-back-a-jira-application-upgrade-938846960.html

Cheers,
Daniel

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you