Is there a way to use an organization for specific requests?

Thomas Hardin September 16, 2019

Hi, 

Does anyone know if there is a specific way to use the organization option for a specific request? We support multiple types of requests within our organization and I want to be able to keep a certain group of people notified when a specific request is submitted, however; this group or people may submit other types of requests for different reasons. I am not thinking that this is possible, since there are no ways to set up rules for customers, but wanted to ask or see if others have the same need.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2019

Thomas, to be clear which of the following is your question?

1. notify agents when a specific request type is created
  2. restrict an organization to a specific request type while allowing other organizations in the same project to open multiple request types

for #1 you could set up a queue for the specific request type, but I expect you know this already. You could use automation to alert individuals when that request type is created.

for #2 I don’t know of any way to achieve this, at least OOTB.

or are you asking something else entirely?

Thomas Hardin September 16, 2019

I think I'm more inline with #2. The use case seems to be something that I would think would be valid. We need to segregate certain things in the service desk and using the organization seems like a possibility. 

I'm wondering if I could use organization and add some logic that clears the field if a request doesn't not meet certain criteria. If I have 10 customers in organization A, any request will have that organization in the field. Stock service desk. Those request populate on the portal based on the organization field, right? So, if the request does not have certain criteria, then maybe I clear that field, thus removing it from the portal view for the organization.

Thoughts?

Suggest an answer