Is it possible to connect a cloud hosted instance of Jira Service Desk with a self hosted jira?

Tom D_Eletto April 27, 2021

I have a self hosted jira instance. I want to set up service desk, but I don't want the clients who will be using service desk to have direct access to my network or jira instance. Is there a way to use a cloud hosted instance of service desk and give it the ability to push tickets into the locally hosted instance? And then have the local instance update the tickets in service desk? 

Essentially, is there a way to have a local jira and cloud service desk act like local install of each?

2 answers

0 votes
Andrey Dekhtyar _Rozdoum_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 28, 2021

Hi @Tom D_Eletto 

Depends on what you need to do. On top of what Benjamin suggested - I may advice taking a look at our addon - Watchtower - Bridge for multiple Jiras. It may allow to achieve visibility of remote instance within fraction of time 

Regards

Andrey 

0 votes
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2021

Hi @Tom D_Eletto 

Yes, there are some options with plugins. Please see link for details:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Sync-between-JIRA-Cloud-and-JIRA-Server-intances/qaq-p/24837

Hope this helps.

Suggest an answer