Is it possible to change the background color of a page in Confluence?

Helena Gonçalves February 5, 2020

I need make a sort of gallery containing transparent pngs with white drawings and it would be nice if the drawings could be seen in thumbnail view.

2 answers

1 vote
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 5, 2020

Hi @Helena Gonçalves ,

the easiest way to create a coloured background for your drawings is putting them into a panel and change the background-color of the panel.

Changing the background-color for a page is otherwise not so easy. You have to allow HTML in your page (which I would never do) or create a user macro which adds some custom CSS to your page, e.g. like it is described here: 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/How-can-I-change-page-background-color/qaq-p/244555

But maybe the panel is fitting your needs as well - it is very simple to use.

Helena Gonçalves February 5, 2020

Hi Thomas, It seems we are using Cloud Services and the panel macro is considered deprecated. I agree with you about the html macro and will not use it. People will have to trust the image name until we find a better "gallery" solution.

0 votes
sekhar reddy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2023

Hi @Helena Gonçalves 

By using panel macros we can add colors to a particular section in a confluence page in cloud environment, I am not sure whether these are available in server/Data center versions.

pannel macros.PNG

Suggest an answer