Is it possible to automate a request for update from customer?

We have a status of "waiting on customer" if we ask the requestor a question that we need an answer to before proceeding.  Customer will receive an initial notification of the new status along with the question we asked.  If customer fails to respond, would it be possible to automate a reminder notification to customer asking them to update their ticket, such as for any tickets that are in waiting for customer status without any update for more than 7 days, send an email notification out to the requestor?

1 answer

1 accepted

There are several ways to accomplish this and I can sum it up with the following:

• Add-ons that can do what you need like the JIRA Escalation Service or JIRA Automation
  • Create your own script that does whatever you need and put it in your favorite cron scheduler

Thanks @Gabrielle Bautista [ACP-JA] - I have now installed the JIRA Automation plugin and that is exactly what I needed.  Have an excellent day!  smile

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira

Mission-critical battery manufacturer fulfills FAA software requirements with Commit Policy Plugin

EaglePicher Technologies is a leading manufacturer of battery systems for diverse industries like defense, aviation, space or medical. As they operate in highly regulated industries, keeping a clear ...

165 views 0 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you