I can't set up allow anonymous access to Jira

Ye Zhang May 30, 2014

I want to open my Jira anonymous access. I have added anyone permission, including browsing users and create ticket. And I set reporter field is not mandatory. But the anonymous user access Jira or Jira Service Desk are necessary to login .Jira 6.25 on CentOS with Jira Installer.

I have read this page:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Managing+anonymous+access?utm_source=SAC&utm_medium=dashboard

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bruna Griebeler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2014

I believe that beside Add "Anyone" in the project browse permissions , you also need to Allow users to create issues anonymously

Hope it helps!

Ye Zhang June 5, 2014

It works in my jira.Anyone can access to my jira anonymously.

The only project is a Jira Service Desk Project.But anyone can't access the Jira Service Desk Portal anonymously.

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2014

What does "are necessar to login" mean? What doesn't the anonymous user get to see? What's the error message when they try to do stuff?

Ye Zhang June 5, 2014

Thanks, I mean when people visit my jira, they don't have accounts can also browse information and create ticket. When I set up some authority, according to the "https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Allowing+users+to+create+issues+anonymously"

But they can't access to my Jira Service Desk until they log in.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 5, 2014

Jira Service Desk requires identifiable users in order to work properly. You can't use anonymous access in it.

Ye Zhang June 5, 2014

Is it true? Too sad. Why don't allow anonymous access to Jira Service Desk.......

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 5, 2014

I think the main reason is that service requests really do need to be identifiable as belonging to an end user, and you need to identify the users so you can show them only their stuff.

I don't like anonymous *write* access of any form in most systems. It's fine in some cases, but not a lot.

Suggest an answer