How to modify and automate issue export to the certain format?

Darya_Koyfman October 22, 2019

I need to print out issue in the certain format with our company's logo, format, font, etc.

Is it possible or there is any Add-ons? Now I only can choose between:

"XML" - Which I don't need at all,

"Word" - Needs adjustments each time I print

"Printable" Not adjustable at all

Thanks,

Darya.

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rui Rodrigues
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2019

Hi Darya,

Xporter for Jira allows you to create custom reports using MS Word and Excel. (XML,CSV and other types are also available.). Those reports can be generated in Word, Excel PDF and more formats.

With this app you can define scheduled report which are generated based on a time basis (daily, monthly weekly and so on.). Generating reports when an issue workflow transition happens is also possible using Xporter. Xporter provides you a Workflow Post Function where you can define which template and output format you want to use.

Both schedule and workflow post function allows you to send the report by e-mail to someone or even a group of people.

Take a look here.

Xporter is available on Cloud, Server and Data Center platforms.

If you have question, please let me know.

KR,

Rui Rodrigues.

Darya_Koyfman October 24, 2019

Hi Rui,

I will try Xporter. 

Thanks you,

Darya.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 23, 2019

Hello Darya,

Thank you for reaching out.

I understand that you would like to export your issues in a template format, where you can configure a determined format with customized details in the header, is it correct?

Although this procedure is not officially supported by Atlassian, the word export functionality can be changed in JIRA background to export issues in the format you want, so you would not need to make adjustments every time you export it. As described with more details in this documentation, these would be the steps:

1. The output of word export is controlled by the four velocity templates located at atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classess/templates/plugins/issueviews located under JIRA applications Installation Directory. 
    1. single-word-css.vm - Defines the html styles used for export
    2. single-word-header.vm - Defines the header part of the exported document
    3. single-word.vm - The content part of the exported document
    4. single-word-footer.vm - The footer part of the exported document
  2. Open these files in your favorite text editor and make the required changes and save it.
  3. Restart the application.

Alternatively, there are some apps that provide you with this kind of functionality. Here are some of them:

Xporter - Export issues from Jira 

Better PDF Exporter for Jira (PDF View) 

Let us know if this information helps.

Darya_Koyfman October 23, 2019

Hi Petter,

Yes, I would like to export issues of the one Project in a certain format. All other projects should stay the same.

I will try your suggestions and let you know how it worked.

Thanks,

Darya.

Kalin U
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2021

@Petter Gonçalves 

Hi, Peter.

How can your suggestion apply to a Jira cloud instance?

Kalin

Suggest an answer