How to add backlog in kanban and enable view of epics separately from board?

Roberta Del Monte Radford
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 14, 2018

I am having a hard time understanding why I am not able to add a backlog view in my Kanban board without using a column for it.

Also, epics are showing as cards in the board and instead I need them in their dedicated space adjacent to the board itself.

Anyone knows what I am doing wrong or not doing that prevents the set-up of these 2 configurations? Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 25, 2018

Hi Roberta,

Viewing backlog separately from the Kanban board is only available from Jira version 7.4 and up, where this is known as Kanplan and you can have a separate section just for backlog.

This new backlog section will look like the backlog feature in the Scrum project type, however to track epics and version exactly like the Scrum backlog, you will need to upgrade to Jira verison 7.5 which has these features, so I would advise to upgrade to 7.5 to have both features you're after.

Please see our release notes for version 7.5 regarding Kanban backlog the Scrum way - Jira Software-7-5-x release notes - Kanban backlog, the Scrum way

Suggest an answer