How to add a Flag on issue.

Bunty February 21, 2019

Hello All,

I know how to do it while in a board. The help text says: "In the Issue Detail View, select Add flag or Remove flag from the 'cog' drop-down. You can also right-click on the issue > Add flag or Remove flag."

How to set the flag while in the Search screen after applying a query. Even when in detail view I don't see a way to set the flag.

Flag.PNG

Thanks in Advance,

Bunty

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kevin Bui
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 21, 2019

Hi @Bunty - The Add flag option is only available on the board and backlog.

However, the flag is actually just a checkbox field, where flagged issues have this checkbox selected and unflagged issues don't.

So if you want the ability to add a flag via the issue search, what you can do is add the Flagged field to the issue screen, so that the field always displays on your issues.

Kevin Bui
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 21, 2019

Screenshot for reference:

2019-02-22_16-34-08.png

Like Fabio Cazzavillan likes this
Bunty February 22, 2019

Thank you @Kevin Bui 

Jessica Ren February 4, 2021

Where do you open up this "configure screen" option? I can only find a place to to customize which fields to display on the issue screen, but cannot see "flagged" field in there. Is this because my company has customized the fields for us already? We have a general Jira admin group who has created a template for us to use, so all our projects are based on these templates. Maybe they have a pre-selected list of fields from which we can further select the fields?

0 votes
Deleted user February 2, 2021

Gostaria de saber como posso impedir que o sinalizador seja atribuido em determinas coluna do board.

0 votes
New Verve Consulting July 19, 2019

We have released a simple app which you might be interested in (currently free on public beta) which enables you to 'star' your favourite Jira issues - check it out here: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1220802/stars-for-jira.

• Simply select the star icon at the top of the view issue screen to add a Jira issue to your favourites. To remove it, select the icon again. It's that easy!
  • Once starred, your favourite issues are grouped together at the top of the Issues menu, meaning that you're only ever a click and scroll away.
  • Finally, for ease of search, we've also included a handy JQL function for you to use in filters for boards and other reports
0 votes
Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2019

Hi, @Bunty !

I haven't performed it myself, but it is said that you can add the "Flagged" field on the edit issue screen (or, I don't know, maybe even view) and change it as you would change any other field. It's just like any other checkbox field, they say.

I'd also recommend trying the bulk edit option.

I'm sorry I don't have the opportunity to reproduce it so I can only guess.

Suggest an answer