• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to add a Flag on issue.

Hello All,

I know how to do it while in a board. The help text says: "In the Issue Detail View, select Add flag or Remove flag from the 'cog' drop-down. You can also right-click on the issue > Add flag or Remove flag."

How to set the flag while in the Search screen after applying a query. Even when in detail view I don't see a way to set the flag.

Flag.PNG

Thanks in Advance,

Bunty

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kevin Bui Atlassian Team Feb 21, 2019

Hi @Bunty - The Add flag option is only available on the board and backlog.

However, the flag is actually just a checkbox field, where flagged issues have this checkbox selected and unflagged issues don't.

So if you want the ability to add a flag via the issue search, what you can do is add the Flagged field to the issue screen, so that the field always displays on your issues.

Kevin Bui Atlassian Team Feb 21, 2019

Screenshot for reference:

2019-02-22_16-34-08.png

Like Fabio Cazzavillan likes this

Where do you open up this "configure screen" option? I can only find a place to to customize which fields to display on the issue screen, but cannot see "flagged" field in there. Is this because my company has customized the fields for us already? We have a general Jira admin group who has created a template for us to use, so all our projects are based on these templates. Maybe they have a pre-selected list of fields from which we can further select the fields?

Hi, @Bunty !

I haven't performed it myself, but it is said that you can add the "Flagged" field on the edit issue screen (or, I don't know, maybe even view) and change it as you would change any other field. It's just like any other checkbox field, they say.

I'd also recommend trying the bulk edit option.

I'm sorry I don't have the opportunity to reproduce it so I can only guess.

We have released a simple app which you might be interested in (currently free on public beta) which enables you to 'star' your favourite Jira issues - check it out here: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1220802/stars-for-jira.

• Simply select the star icon at the top of the view issue screen to add a Jira issue to your favourites. To remove it, select the icon again. It's that easy!
  • Once starred, your favourite issues are grouped together at the top of the Issues menu, meaning that you're only ever a click and scroll away.
  • Finally, for ease of search, we've also included a handy JQL function for you to use in filters for boards and other reports

Gostaria de saber como posso impedir que o sinalizador seja atribuido em determinas coluna do board.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you