How do I prevent an update action from generating an email notification?

Charmaine Ng December 15, 2017

Hi! It's my first time asking a question here. I've seen somewhat similar questions but just can't quite find the answer. I hope this question is clear!

Every time I move an issue in and out of a sprint, this counts as an "update" and notifies the relevant parties because the "issue update" event is in our notification scheme. I don't want people knowing every time I do this, but I don't want to completely remove this event because some updates are useful to notify people about.

Is there a way to:

A. Keep this event and not send notifications for a specific types of updates OR

B. Delete the event and tell it to send notifications for specific types of updates

I'm not going to pay for an add-on, and we're using JIRA Cloud so we can't do anything hacky. Please let me know if there's a solution to this! Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2017

You can switch off notifications for the update issue event. You could create your custom event and if you want to notify a user about an issue update you should make all updates in transitions and fire your custom event. But that would be too much hassle.

Suggest an answer