How do I customise priority list for project

Narohna David December 15, 2015

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Defining priority field values

How do I customise priority list for project. I want to customize the priority list for a specific project. 

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2015

I'm afraid you can't.  JIRA's priority list is global across all projects.

There are some tricks you can play with javascript or add-ons that remove options from the list, but they're all less than ideal (easily bypassed and not working in all the places you could set it).  The other option is to hide priority and use your own custom field, but you then lose all the functionality around the system priority.

Aaron Ko January 20, 2016

I am a big supporter of JIRA (I'm a JIRA admin), this particular limitation is high on my list. 

For "software" projects, I want to have a specific priorities, such as "post-release enhancement" or "trivial", 

but for "business" projects (same JIRA instance), I want to have very simple list (minor,major,critical).  

I like the idea of JIRA Core, but I want to use 1 JIRA instance for Software and Business.  This limitation makes it very challenging for me to do this.  

Any plan in future to change this?  For Issue Types, we can select 1 or more for 1 project (from a list). 

Why can't we do something similar for Priority?  

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2016

The request for priority schemes is around 12 years old and not a priority for Atlassian, although they have not said "no".  See, watch and vote on https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-3821

0 votes
Contact [Develocenter] November 15, 2016

It's not possible to indicate that for particular Project or Issue Type by providing schemes for these also. I encourage you to try Extended Schemes for JIRA which allows you to set schemes and default values for particular Projects and particular Issue Types not only for Priorities but also for Resolutions and Issue Types.

Suggest an answer