How can I get issues from an email??

Marc Illescas July 17, 2017

I'd like to recive tasks in my projects directly from an email.

I supose I have to create a mail handler in incoming mail but it is not working for me.

The conectivity test with my email work perfectly but for some reason issues are just not arriving to the backlog of my project.

The mail handler test, does nothing.

It was working perfectly untill thursday 13, but then something hapened and now nothing goes in my project. I did nothing.

Thank you everyone.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 17, 2017

Something has changed if it stopped working, so you'll need to work out what did.

Are you on Server or Cloud? 

Also, are you sure the emails are arriving in the mailbox they are supposed to, and do you know if JIRA is processing them? (It will delete them when it's tried to import them)

Marc Illescas July 18, 2017

We changed nothing on Incoming settings.

We don't have a private server, so it should be Cloud.

Emails are arriving perfectly to the mail. I suposo that JIRA can't take them or can't process them.

I really don't know.

Marc Illescas July 18, 2017

In Incoming Mail settings, I just run the test and it says: The test failed, More details...   And the is nothing on more details.

What it means? The test run results is empty.

Thaks everyone.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 18, 2017

Ok, as you're on Cloud, where we can't read the logs, I think you'll need to ask Cloud support on https://support.atlassian.com

A failed test tells me there's something wrong with the config for the mailbox you're trying to connect to, so check the server, user name, password and port that you are giving to JIRA carefully, before reporting to Atlassian.

Marc Illescas July 19, 2017

It's so strange because yesterday we recived like 70 tasks.

And now it is not working again so it seems like is not our problem and is from the platform. 

We ain't changing anything in inmail settings.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 19, 2017

It definitely needs to go to support then.

Suggest an answer