Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Hide transition based on condition

Can I hide a transition based on a condition (example - Status = Accepted)

If any knows a groovy script that would be great,

Thanks

4 answers

@Robert Bromley  Have you tried using Jira workflows inbuild "Condition" feature?

I want to hide the transition rather than condition - Its complicated.

@Robert Bromley  what would be the condition of hiding transition ?

Means in which case/scenario transition hide and unhide?

Thanks

Hide transition - Condition is status

I need to hide it rather than condition because the transition is used by a script in another transition.

Iago Docando Community Leader Jul 21, 2021

You should definetely use the built in options in the workflow editor.

built in hide doesnt like me set it to hide unless issue is in accepted status ----- Or am i wrong?

0 votes
Iago Docando Community Leader Jul 21, 2021

Ok, I guess you don't have jira workflow enhancer installed

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/575829/workflow-enhancer-for-jira?tab=overview&hosting=datacenter

This will make your life easier for things like this. Check it out and see if it is worth what it cost to you. Alternatively you could browse past versions and get to a free one if it is compatible with whatever jira server version you're running.

Once you have that installed it's as simple as selecting the transition you are interested in, click on conditions > add condition > universal condition. The setup you describe would be setting the expressión {status} = Accepted to be TRUE (only then the transition would be visible)

Sadly i dont get to choose new add-ons. We already have Jira Misc Workflow Extensions, Script Runner and  Enhancer Plugin for JIRA

Hi @Robert Bromley ,

If my understanding is right, you want to hide a transition if the current status of the issue is "Accepted" - could you confirm this?

Regards,

Anjali

Hi @Robert Bromley ,

You can use Current Status Condition from JMWE for your requirement, as mentioned by @David Fischer _Appfire_ 

Regards,

Anjali

I need to hide it so it can be run at any other time without conditions.

0 votes

@Robert Bromley did you look at JMWE's "point-and-click" Conditions, such as "Current Status Condition" for your requirements?

Ive got that but i need to hide it so the transition (post function) can run any other time. Hope that makes sense?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you