Duplicate existing service desk project

Tamara Kemper April 25, 2018

Hello,

We have 2 separate software applications that we support using JIRA service desk. We are working on getting the first configured just the way we want it. Is there an easy way to duplicate all of the settings, workflows, customer notifications, etc. for the second application? I really don't want to have to go in and manually repeat each of the settings I've done in the first one.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
M Amine
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2018

Hi @Tamara Kemper

Welcome to the Atlasssian Community. 

Jira Service Desk allows you to "share the configuration" of a project. Here is how : link

It is very easy to create a project with "shared configuration". 

Hope it helps. 

cheers

Tamara Kemper April 25, 2018

THANK YOU @M Amine!!! You saved the day! -Tamara

M Amine
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2018

happy to help :)

JPoe February 5, 2020

Hi there, I was hoping this "share configuration" option would help out, but it doesn't appear to be available on next-gen projects yet; do we have any way to clone or copy next-gen projects?

Like # people like this
Paul Benati June 1, 2020

Any update on this capability for next gen?

Chris_Brown June 19, 2020

We've setup a default project which we copy, but it doesn't seem to be copying over the customised emails we have setup.

For example, the "customer invitation" email has been customised so it's nicely formatted, but when we copy over the project and the settings, it's just setting it to the default email template.

Is this a bug, or are we doing something wrong?

0 votes
charleslcso October 29, 2020

I tried too. But all the Customers from a Project is copied over too! This is critical. 

The bad thing is that there is no way to delete/remove these Customers from the new Project! 

Ah!!!!!!

Also, in Help Center, going to the page show: 

Unable to render {include}

Ah!!!!! Ah!!!!!

I am trailing the Cloud version.

Suggest an answer