Default value of filed but just for one project

Joao Vitorino He/Him January 20, 2022

I need to add a default value to the Description field but just for one project, I didn't find any way to do this.

It is possible?
If not, there is a way to create a custom field with the same resources of the Description field?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Josh Costella
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2022

Hi Joao,

I do not know of a way to do what you are asking via the Description field without utilizing a third party plugin such as Bulk Clone. 

However, if you create a custom multi-line text field and set the field to be a wiki-style renderer, you will be able to set a default value for any context you create for it.

More info on contexts can be found here: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-custom-field-context/ 

0 votes
Jarosław Solecki _Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 2, 2023

I didn't find such a feature in Bulk Clone. 

For sure it is available in Dynamic Forms for Jira. It has a project configuration so you can have different Default Values in each project and set a different one for each Screen Scheme of Create Screen.

Suggest an answer