Create linked Issue from within Service Desk

Chris Purser June 7, 2016

Hi,  I'm new to Service Desk  I'm running JIRA Core 7.0.2, JIRA Software 7.0.10 and Service Desk 3.0.10.

I have developers who would not be communicating directly with customers.

I have agents that would be in between when developers are needed to address issues raised by customers.

I am trying to find a way to create a linked issue for my developers from WITHIN the Service Desk issue without having to copy/paste or remember a key in my head.  So far the ONLY way to create a linked issue is to simply create a new issue and in the Link field, paste in the SD issue key.

This seems like a very amateur workaround and I'm sure I have it wrong. Is there something I need to 'enable' somewhere?  It seems that touting the ability to link JIRA issues with SD issues would not be so boldly asserted if a copy/paste step was required.  I really feel I've missed something and I have it wrong. smile

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Chris Purser June 7, 2016

Thanks for your help. That's pretty surprising that there isn't a menu item in 'more' called "Create a linked issue."  How helpful that would be!

Meck
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2016

Chris, sorry. 

Maybe I didn't understand. Are you looking for something like this?

image2016-6-7 23:18:50.png

This is a native feature at JSD.

Like Ihor Kovalchuk likes this
Chris Purser June 8, 2016

Yep – that's the one.  We found it after updating JIRA but you're the first person to point this out. Thanks for the clue though.  If we didn't stumble upon it at least we'd be on the right path.  smile

Meck
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2016

laugh

Siva M October 23, 2018

I want to create an Issue in JIRA Software from JIRA Service Desk USING REST API.  How do I do that?

2 votes
Meck
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 7, 2016

Hello Chris, 

That is the only way. :/ 

You only create "names" to the link types. 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/configuring-issue-linking-802593137.html

And you can read a little more here https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/APPLINKS/Link+Atlassian+applications+to+work+together

But there is no a native solution to this, and I never heard about a add-on too.

Regards,

Lameck.

1 vote
Chris Moreira June 13, 2016

Hi guys,

From the create linked Issue from within Service Desk, is it possible to customize the screen to that operation?

Suggest an answer