Create issue and fix version drop down behavior changed

Andreas Sachs April 29, 2023

Hello,

the behavior of the fix version drop down field is changing from jira release to jira release on my installation. (only when creating new issues, not when editing issues).

With some jira releases the versions are grouped by released/unreleased and with others the versions are not grouped.

Jira 9.8 and 9.7.x: not grouped

Jira 9.6.?: grouped

older: not grouped

much older: grouped

Is this something i can change myself? or is this a bug?

Not grouped:

image.png

grouped:

image.pngThanks for your help.

Andi

4 answers

1 vote
Ján Ďurech September 18, 2023
1 vote
Michael Mohr August 24, 2023

Hi Andreas, we are facing the same issues since we have upgraded form Version 8.20.13 to 9.4.7. Quick-Edit on the View screen was not changed, i.e. there till unrelease versions and released version are shown group. But in difference to the behavior in 8.20.13 on Create, Edit and Transition Screens all unreleased and release versions are displayed ungroup most lily in alphabetical order. This absolutely confused our end users.

Have you meanwhile created a Atlassian ticket for your finding that we can vote and watch?

0 votes
Ján Ďurech September 16, 2023

We have same problem after upgrading to v9.4.9. I also created ticket to Atlassian.

Shirley Cohen September 17, 2023

hi @Ján Ďurech did you get an answer on this? we also just upgraded and suddenly we see 'Released versions' in the same place

Ján Ďurech September 18, 2023

Hi @Shirley Cohen ,

I received following answer:

this behavior is a known bug which was introduced in Jia 9.2.0, and which has been reported in the public bug ticket https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-74646. This bug ticket will be processed according to our Atlassian Bugfix Policy.

Shirley Cohen September 18, 2023

Thanks for the update @Ján Ďurech !

That's a real bummer, I see no fix yet

0 votes
piotrpoz September 8, 2023

I am experiencing the very same behaviour after upgrading to v9.4.9

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders