Create board permission

Wang_KK November 4, 2019

I just want the project PM to create the board,what should i set it up?

2 answers

2 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2019

Hello @Wang_KK ,

Any user can create a board, but certain permissions are required to share the board with other users.

Creating a board

Wang_KK November 4, 2019

Hello Ollie,

So how do you set up a board for people other than PM to create a borad that no one else can see ?

Matt M. April 30, 2020

I'm having this issue too - can't allow someone else to create additional boards. they can create boards in their own personal space but can't move them into our shared project either. 

0 votes
Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2019

HI @Wang_KK 

Welcome to the community!

Actually, by default, the project lead or the project creator will be added as a board administrator.

The user who has the board admin permission can be able to configure boards like adding columns, swimlanes, customizing etc.

So you can add the project PM as a board admin going to boards--> configure board --> general tab.

For more details, please have a look at the below article.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/permissions-overview-764478244.html

Wang_KK November 4, 2019

Hi Yogesh

I have seen this before,but i can not find the settings for creating a board for normal role restrictions.

Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2019

Suggest an answer