Copy an agile board?

Hi,

We've recently noticed that copying a board that you own re-creates it without an administrator.  You can then no longer edit it - it then say 

Contact a JIRA or Board Administrator to configure this board.

I'm pretty sure this hasn't always been the case?  We have Agile 6.6.51

4 answers

We have the same problem. Any solution here?

I can verify this, we have the same problem.

I created a support ticket for this problem, and Atlassian confirmed it's a bug in Jira. Here is their answer:

"I have tried to reproduce the issues in my local instance and was able to get the same behavior. After some digging around, I've found out that this is a known bug currently being tracked under: GHS-11604. Since the bug is still in "Awaiting for Development" status, we can try the suggested workaround for the meantime:

Workarround:

The Board Owner of the original board must add the Board admins to the copy manually

• Configure Board
  • Under General Edit Administrators
  • Add desired Groups or Users

An alternative would be to login as an admin (just like what you have done) and add the desired group/users."

+1 here. I've got board users begging for fixes or worse Admin rights so they can fix them.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,794 views 11 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot