It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Copy all group field history values to another multi group field on real time

Hello All,

I have a group type custom field named "Assigned Group". I have created another multiple group picker field "All groups".

I want to capture all the old & current value of "Assigned group" to "All Groups " field whenever value for "Assigned group" is changed so that I can give browse permission access to "All Groups" field in JIRA project.

Any suggestions please

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hello Anshul,

Thank you for reaching out.

Unfortunately, the only post function in JIRA that can copy values from other fields to a specific one will clear the previous values of the destination field, so I believe it is not possible to achieve it with JIRA.

That being said, we completely agree with you that the function to increment fields when using the post function would be very useful, so we created the following feature request:

The Post function "Copy value from other field" does not increment the destination field 

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

As a workaround, I was able to find an option to achieve this feature using the add-on Automation for JIRA. You just need to create the following rule, flagging the "Adding to Existing values" option:

Screen Shot 2019-10-03 at 18.19.13.png

Let me know if this information helps.

Thanks for your response Petter.

We have Script runner plugin. Can you please suggest a listener where we can add value of field1 to field2 in the existing value whenever there is a change in the field1 value

Cheers,

Anshul

Hello Anshul,

Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any kind of listeners that could achieve your goal with Scriptrunner, however, you can contact the Adaptavist Support (The vendor that own the Scriptrunner application) directly in the link below:

Adaptavist support 

Please, sign-up for a new account in their portal and ask them for any kind of listeners you could use to achieve your need. :)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

365 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you