Changing an issue type scheme

Deleted user August 7, 2014

Will changing an issue type scheme change existing issue types?

I need to change from one issue type scheme to another but the issue screens in the new issue type scheme are all different from which we are currently using. Will all existing issues have to change to the new screen, therefore I will lose information? Or does it only change new ones?

I don't want to move over and lose information from all existing issues.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 7, 2014

Possibly.

When you change an issue type scheme, it affects ALL the projects using that scheme. If you are removing issue types, you will have to tell Jira what to move the existing issue types to, because you can't have issues of an invalid type in a project.

If you've got different configuration for the new issue type you move to, then you will see the schemes for the new type are used from now on.

z August 7, 2014

The new screens will be used for all issues regardless of when were created. I don't think that the customfiled values will be deleted but their data won't be accessable. (maybe when you export all fileds they will be there but I'm not sure)

Deleted user August 7, 2014

Would this just be non editable or would it actually stop being visible too?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 7, 2014

They will stop being visible. The data will still be there in the background, but because you've said "use a screen without the field", you won't see it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events