Can the option to copy attachments when creating a linked issue be checked by default

Chad Goodrich November 2, 2018

Our service desk agents are constantly forgetting to check the box to copy attachments when creating a linked issue. Is there a way to have this option checked by default?

In our environment, it would be rare to not want to copy the attachments from our service desk projects.

attachments.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2018

@Chad Goodrich

I am not able to find a way to do this without some scripting. 

You might be able to use ScriptRunner or PowerScripts to achieve this. 

With ScriptRunner you'll use some sort of behaviour script that automagically ticks the Copy Attachments for you. 

Chad Goodrich November 7, 2018

Thanks @Brittany Wispell. I figured as much, but I was hopeful I was missing something.

Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 7, 2018

You're welcome! Sorry it wasn't the answer you were probably hoping for. 

Chad Goodrich November 8, 2018

@Brittany WispellAny chance you have some examples? I can't seem to find a way for a ScriptRunner Behavior to access the Create Linked Issue screen.

Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 8, 2018

Hey @Chad Goodrich

Let me see what I can dig up. 

Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 12, 2018

@Chad Goodrich

I looked into this a bit with just ScriptRunner and I was unable to come up with anything unfortunately. 

I am still playing with some things to see if I can come up with anything. 

Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 12, 2018

@Chad Goodrich

Do you have Jira Utility Suites by chance? I think I have another idea on how to do this for you. 

Chad Goodrich November 13, 2018
Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 13, 2018

Have you looked into using 'Create a Linked Issue' 

Screen Shot 2018-11-13 at 10.21.58 AM.png

You are able to automatically copy over the attachments, among other things. See image below. 

I'd suggest putting it in a 'Transition post-function'  back to the same status and name the transition "Create Linked Issue". Screen Shot 2018-11-13 at 11.16.52 AM.png

If you have any other questions let me know! 

Chad Goodrich November 14, 2018

Now THIS is promising! Thank you @Brittany Wispell!

Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 14, 2018

You're very welcome! Let me know if you run into any snags or have any other questions! 

Seruni Brown February 11, 2019

Hi, Where can I find the settings pictured above?

Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 11, 2019

Hey @Seruni Brown

You can find these options within Post Functions in a workflow. You must have Jira Utility Suites as an add-on. 

Workflow > Post Functions > Create a Linked Issue (JSU)

Below are images of the above navigation. 

Screen Shot 2019-02-11 at 6.21.19 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-11 at 6.21.34 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-11 at 6.21.54 PM.png

Let me know if you need any more help with this! 

Thanks

Amith Kumar March 5, 2019

JSU is only for Server version. May I check please on Cloud version what is the similar tool or plug in?

Amith Kumar March 5, 2019
Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 6, 2019
0 votes
Soporte Inlogiq May 2, 2022

How I can select the option 'Copy attachment'?

It don't appear in my instance.

Suggest an answer