Automation rule - email sent when customised date field overdue

Holly.McGovern August 26, 2022

created an automatic where an email is sent when a date field is overdue -->

Error

• The rule has been configured with components that require issues to be provided by the trigger. You need to use the option to run JQL to provide issues. The following components require issues: Issue condition

if provide an image below but i do not know how to resolve this error - any help would be greatly appreciated

jira eg.PNG

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nicolas Tagle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2022

Hello Holly,

As the error state, the component in the Automation rules needs to be provided with a selection of Queries.

In the same image, you need to create a JQL query, see the checkbox at the bottom ?, if you click that you need to insert a JQL Query that will select the Issues that will be affected by this rule.

As an example this JQL will select all issues in your instance created in the last 2 weeks:

"created <= 2w"

Hopes this works for you, let me know.

Regards,

Nico.

Holly.McGovern August 30, 2022

Perfect, thanks --- this worked. 

Like Nicolas Tagle likes this
Nicolas Tagle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 1, 2022

Awesome, glad to hear that , have a great day!

1 vote
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 27, 2022

Hi @Holly.McGovern -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

There are two ways to resolve this, depending if you want to receive one email per issue, or one email containing all of the issues:

• one email per issue:
    • As Nicolas suggested, add a JQL statement to your schedule
    • This JQL could also replace both of the conditions you added
  • one email with all issues:

Kind regards,
Bill

Holly.McGovern August 30, 2022

thank you for this. i currently learning as i do so this will be very useful & might adjust automation rules accordingly 

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 30, 2022

Sounds good!  A lot about automation rules is experimentation and learning...especially as the documentation continues to improve  :^)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events