in agile board
press .
select 'assign'
assign modal appears
BUT
assignee input field not selected by default
I need to select the drop down first
which means I have to use my mouse

I don't want to use my mouse! I want to use my keyboard, like I used to. This sounds small and petty, but it's a big disrupter to workflow.

1 answer

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2015

You can just press "A" on the screen so the Assign modal will appear. Note that the browser should be focused in this case in order for it to work. Meaning, you should have last click somewhere in your browser (denoting activity and focus) which will trigger the keyboard shortcut listeners.

Daniel Ireland December 1, 2015

The Assign modal appears fine, that's not the issue. the issue is that once it appears, the assignee input field is not selected by default.

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2015

Try pressing "Tab" until it reaches your desired field. I'm pretty sure JIRA does not have that configuration (what fields are focused/selected by default on screens). You can hack the vm files in the server to put autofocus but that is just tedious and hard to maintain.

Daniel Ireland December 13, 2015

this is ondemand. and yes, it did, up until recently. something has changed in a recent update that has turned this off. lots of little gremlins creeping in recently.

Suggest an answer