Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to track/measure rework

Vince July 21, 2022

Hi all,

Me and my team are facing an issue; we have a lot of tickets that aren't fully completed and need to be re-done. This is costing us a lot of time (testing, reassigning the issue, giving feedback etc.). I am trying to improve this process, but in order to do so I need to measure the frequency. 

We are using a setup with the following statuses:

• Backlog
  • Selected (ready for development)
  • In Progress
  • In Review (review by PO, Client or Designer)
  • Done

Once a ticket is finished, the dev team moves it to In Review, where it'll be automatically assigned to the right person. When a ticket isn't approved, we'll move it back to selected.

How can I create a dashboard where I show:

• Amount of tickets that aren't approved (In review > Selected)
  • Amount of tickets that aren't approved (In review > Selected) per period.
  • Amount of tickets that aren't approved (In review > Selected) compared to the total tickets. 

Any idea's how to improve this process? What can I do to make sure that the development team checks the acceptance criteria and definition of done before moving to In review?

Thanks!

3 comments

Comment

Alessandro Lombardo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2022

You can create filters with that selection and the you can use those filter in a gadget ( in the jira dashboards) that is called Filter counts. You reach this type for example. Or you can try two dimensional filter statics. Natively with jira you can't do all of this in a unique report

The best to do these type of report is eazyBI plugin

Like Vince likes this
Karolina Wons_SaaSJet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2022

Hello @Vince 

To measure rework during the working process, you can use Time in Status for Jira Cloud .

It's Transition Count report perfectly fits your needs and shows how many status transitions have been between the statuses. You can get all the necessary data just in a few clicks.

Transititon count.png

This add-on is developed by my team and is free for teams up to 10 users. Please, let me know if you have any questions.

Hope it helps.

Rahul_RVS_Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 21, 2022

Hi @Vince 

Welcome to the community !!

f you are fine with a mktplace app, you can try out our add-on to get this data. The Status Transition Count report in the app will suffice your requirement.

Like Vince likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events