Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Roadmap be part of business projects in the future?

katerina_hrehorova May 4, 2022

Hi All!

Apologies if this question is already out there - I think Roadmap is a great feature .. as I understand it's currently only part of the software projects. Is there any plan to inlude it in other templates which are part of JIRA work management? 

To give context - I work as a lean manager and coordinate several optimization projects across different departments. Business project template is the one that is most suitable for my line of work but I'm really missing the Roadmap overview (the same goes for colour coding and adding milestones like in MS Project).

Thank you so much to anyone who could give me an answer on this.

Kind regards, Katka

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2022

Hi Katerina - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

A roadmap type feature is already avaialbe for Business Projects (Jira Work Management). But it is called Timeline for JWM projects. 

Thank you John. But then is there a way to colour differentiate the projects or add milestones? I've searched and don't think those are available in the Timeline.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2022

No not yet. If you need more functionality like that, you would need to create a Jira Software project. 

That's a pity but I thought as much. Maybe it will happen some time in the future :) thank you again for your time, really appreciate it.

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events