Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tasks from the Finished folder delete themselves / are no longer visible, why?

Marvin Gläsner March 31, 2023

I have noticed that tasks from the "done" folder simply delete themselves after a certain amount of time and I don't understand what the reason is. Is it possible to change this again?

2 answers

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2023

Hello @Marvin Gläsner 

Welcome to the community.

The items are not being deleted. They are only being hidden. You can still view the items by searching for them or using the List/Issues option from the navigation items.

Jira is designed to automatically hide items in the right-most column (the "done" column) when they have been there for a certain period of time to reduce the clutter on the board.

For Work Management projects the time period is not configurable.

For Team Managed Software projects the time period is not configurable.

The time period is only configurable for Company Managed Software projects using a Kanban board.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2023

Hello @Marvin Gläsner 

Did my answer address your question adequately?

If so, please consider marking the Answer as Accepted to help other users find posts with validated answers.

0 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 31, 2023

Hi @Marvin Gläsner welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Are you working in a company-managed or team-managed project?

Just to be sure, you are talking about Jira Work Management and not Jira Software, right?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events